Healthcare Process Management
With a Business Process Management (BPM) initiative at the core of your healthcare organization, you can improve the quality of healthcare services for patients. When your organizational culture is process-centric, you are better able to respond to industry developments, reduce the risk of human error, and improve patient care. More than ever, efficiency within the healthcare industry is now a major concern for policymakers, clinicians, and patients alike. Interfacing has brought the value of business process management to the healthcare industry, and has allowed clients in the Healthcare/Pharamceutical industry to achieve improved operational efficiency.
Our experience with clients in the Healthcare industry has touched on all aspects of process management -- from design to execution. Our consultants have provided services to major pharmaceutical companies and government healthcare systems.
- Integrate systems – the complex technology that is used to support healthcare administration must be integrated using process orchestration that utilizes the appropriate system resources.
- HIPPA compliance – our process methodology and support for business rules and risk/control management allows effective process design that has all the appropriate checks and balances.
- Model Business Rules – Our approach to Business Process Management allows your company to easily implement business rules that can be reused and easily updated along the length of your processes.
- Ensure transparency – Know where resources are being used and maintain efficient work habits by planning well in advance.
- Manage Workflow – integrate your people, processes, and technology by taking advantage of our workflow engine to deliver work to where it is needed, and keep all employees up to date with the most important priorities.
- Implement standard methodologies – avoid the need for continual trial and error in improving your agency’s operational efficiency; get a head start by taking advantage of industry standards.
- Encourage collaboration – by uniting goals and creating a common framework for your agents, they will be able to cooperate at a previously unattained level.
- Utilize resources – business process management will expose unused resources and allow you to take better advantage of them along the length of the process.
Recent Healthcare Process Management Success Story:
Electronic Health System:
- Serve 90,000 Health Professionals on a province and country-wide level access to sensitive patient medical records.
- Orchestrate web services to enable access and retrieval of information under a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Streamline the complex processes for interoperability profiles.
- End-user processes mapped for the orchestration of information access services.
- Implementation processes mapped successfully.
- Project moved on to the next phase without difficulties.