eTOM and Business Process Management (BPM)
Linking Processes in the Telecommunications Industry to drive Customer SatisfactioneTOM (Enhanced Telecommunications Operations Map) is a guide to best practices for business process management in the telecommunications industry. The model describes the interaction of processes between different stakeholders in the telecommunications value chain. eTOM is a Business Process Framework that describes these interactions down to the activity level, with different orientations and three major process areas:
- Strategy, infrastructure and product
- Operational management
- Enterprise management
The eTOM framework also includes cross-functional views that show how process components span horizontally across an enterprise. This allows for greater detail in interpreting process interaction across the organization.
eTOM is primarily a framework for the analysis and improvement of existing telecommunications processes, with an orientation towards customer support and satisfaction. Business interactions can be facilitated by identifying key touch points and ensuring that the processes that drive them are optimized.
- Scope includes all enterprise processes.
- Marketing, sales, and billing processes are identified as part of a high-level framework, assuring value in all low level processes.
- Operational layers are integrated with e-business processes and encourages customer self-management and online support.
- The lifecycle of different processes are managed appropriately based on the specific process being analyzed.
- External service providers and process participants are included in the framework.
- Companion to ITIL within the telecom industry
Read Our Latest Case Study Related To The eTOM Framework
The Interfacing Advantage
All eTOM requirements can be managed within the Enterprise Process Center (EPC), with the flexibility to customize the framework to your organizational needs. Cross functional value streams are easily identified through the EPC’s dynamic reporting and automatic process view generation. The EPC supports the implementation of process controls and automatic audits in order to ensure that the eTOM framework is extended to all levels of your telecommunications processes.